Wednesday, May 13, 2009

dieting and camping

and there's my problem for the weekend. Food and camping go together like smores and camping, or hotdogs and campfires, or sitting around and drinking beer, or cooking bacon over a camp stove. *sigh* this is how I get myself into trouble.

We bought a new-to-us camper a few weeks ago and are taking it out for it's innagural run this long weekend. But we're being smart about it. We're camping about 20 minutes from our house in case the whole thing goes awry. Baby Jude and camping may not go together as well as say, chips and dip and camping. Oh my god make it stop!

I'm trying to plan ahead. We're only going for two nights, which means we'll probably need to rent a trailer to pull behind the camper with all the baby accessories in it. But food wise we're having steak one night and chicken the next. I'm going to make a big bag of green salad to throw in the fridge, along with some home made dressing and cut up some veggies.

I was going to skip even buying chips, but lets face it, I know I'll just eat someone else's (we're going with a group of people). I'll make soup for lunch, maybe some grilled cheese with light cheese slices (lots of nutritional value there). Otherwise, I'm wide open for suggestions.

I've vowed to avoid the smores, but I'm going to have to have a few beer. Jude is pretty good at keeping me on track there. Nothing like waking up at 5 am with a screaming baby and a screaming hang over!

No comments:

Post a Comment