Thursday, May 28, 2009

This isn't diet related...

but I need somewhere to be able to say how sad I am of the passing of an amazing person. One of my good friends from high school, Erika Heller, passed away today. She was the first person I met when I started at my new school. She was kind and generous from the minute we met, and even though we lost touch for a number of years, I still always considered her a good friend.

She was and always will be one of the most amazing people I've ever met. She was a spokesperson for "Look Good, Feel Better", an organization for women with cancer. She was beautiful inside and out, and made the world a much better place in the 31 short years she was here.

I know you're not in pain anymore Erika. You'll always be remembered.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Duv,

    As I have been reading about Erika this morning I do remember her from HBC. I worked at Zellers a number of years ago when George Heller was at the Brampton office. I also remember his spunky daughter Erika working there usually during the summer. She had a bubbly personality that just made everyone smile around her. I am very saddened to hear that she had been through so much pain...however her love and support to those around her doesn't suprise me...she will be missed...Big Hugs.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss.

    Cancer is definately one sick disease.

    Cherish her memory always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Duv, so sorry about your friend. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete