Saturday, May 2, 2009

so clearly this isn't working

I skipped my meeting last week, but sucked it up and went yesterday. I was only up .6, which I was pretty happy with.

I resolved to get back on track. But then I went to the Keg for a pre-birthday dinner. I managed to consume 56 points, and that isn't counting the cream and sugar in my coffee, or the crab and horseradish sauce on top of my steak, which if I had to guess, would have been at least another 15 points.

I can't believe the amount of fat and calories in Keg food. For instance


three cheese butter (just the butter, not the potato)
364 calories
36.5 grams of fat

the steak (without the sauce)
542 calories
37.5 grams of fat

and best of all, the spinach and artichoke dip
1115 calories
71 grams of fat

and these are all things I ate. I have a wicked food hangover this morning.

But on a plus side, I bought a three month journal at my meeting yesterday. Maybe having an actual book rather than those stupid paper things will help.

1 comment:

  1. I think it might help (the journal). I love my 3 month tracker, it reminds me of something I should know anyway - every single day.

    I just started reading your blog, and I love your honesty. You're going to do great, and you already are!! 20 lbs is an accompishment :-)

    ReplyDelete